Friday, January 2, 2015

My 2014 in films & reads

An eclectic mix, I'd say.
Next to brooding and sleeping, what's a volunteer to do when trapped at the solitary confines of one's home?


Read and watch movies, of course.

Well, there's writing. (Nah.) Making artwork (doodles, sketches, drawings, etc.). Cooking. Gardening. (A very recent thing of mine.) But the easiest really is to watch films, documentaries and TV series. And read. Both addictive. To me.

My film diary.
I'm kind of a film buff. Kind of. So, I've been keeping a tab of the films I've watched this year in Letterboxd and it says I've logged 106 films for 2014.


That's very few, considering there's 365 days in a year. But that excludes the TV series and documentaries that I've watched. The TV series (very limited since it's difficult to keep updated considering the internet speed here, so I had to choose just a few) that I've been following in 2014 are:
  • Glee (latest season)
  • New Girl (latest season)
  • Weeds (complete series)
  • My So-Called Life (re-watched)
  • How I Met Your Mother (latest/final season)
  • HBO's Girls (latest season)
  • Suits (complete series - latest)
  • Orange is the New Black (complete series - latest)
  • Full Metal Alchemist (complete series)
  • Jane the Virgin (latest season)
Very geeky.

As for books, I only brought 2 actual prints: The God of Small Things and On the Road. But I have tons of e-books and an e-reader. I've been catching up on SF classics as well as 20th century Pulitzers and some contemporary books. Some of my best reads in 2014 are:
  • The Dovekeepers (Alice Hoffman)
  • The Earthsea Chronicles (Ursula Le Guin)
  • The Good Earth (Pearl S. Buck)
  • The Buddha in the Attic (Julie Otsuka)
  • Middlesex (Jeffrey Eugenides)
  • Please Look After Mom (Kyung-Sook Shin)
  • Geektastic: Stories from the Nerd Herd (Holly Black)
I hope to watch and read more films in 2015. But I should really do more writing and drawing. 

Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment